Afghani kababs very mouth watering recipe for your Eid dinner. Its eye catching colorful presentation would ugre you to eat it. Must try and serve as starter or side dish to your guests.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup live, natural yogurt (optional)
- Salt and black or red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro seed (optional)
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 8 ounces lamb fat (optional) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix the lemon juice, crushed garlic, yogurt (if used), salt, pepper and cilantro in a bowl. Add the lamb and lamb fat (if used) or oil. Mix well and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill. Thread the meat on to the skewers. (The cubes of meat should be alternated with the fat, if used.) Grill, turning frequently, for about 15 to 20 minutes until brown and cooked.