- Semolina 1 cup
- All purpose flour ½ cup
- White lentils ground 2 tbsp
- Club soda for kneading the dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Potato 1 cup boiled
- Bondi (small gram flour dumplings) 2 cups
- Mint leaves ½ bunch
- Green chillies 3
- Water 1 liter
- Tamarind pulp ½ cup
- Roasted coriander powder 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Ginger 2 tbsp chopped
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
Gol Gappay: mini baloons ( Pani Puri ) of fried dough served with tanzy dip and drink sauce.
Its popular names and the area where it is known by this name are:
- Pani Puri – Karachi, Haiderabad, sukkur, Sindh
- Gol Gappay – Lahore, Faisalabad, Punjab
- Gol gappa, Water balls – New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Jharkhand, Bihar
- Pani ke bataashe, Padake – Uttar Pradesh
- Pani ke bataashe – Rajasthan
- Panipuri – Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra
- Phuchka – West Bengal
- Gup chup – Orrisa
Mix in water with tamarind pulp, lemon juice, roasted cumin, roasted coriander powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well.
The water should be tangy and spicy. Strain water and keep in the fridge to chilli or add ice and use.
For Gol Gappa: In a bowl mix together semolina, flour, white lentil, knead with club soda to from a stiff dough.
Keep aside for 30 minutes, then knead once again.
Make marbles size bals with little oil on your hands, roll out into puri with a rolling pin, secure between two layers of wet cloth, roll out all of them and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Deep fry on medium heat till they puff up, reduce heat and fry till crisp.To Assemble: Puncture the Gol gappa with tip of your thumb, add 1 tsp of filling and top it with the sour water, if you like it a little sweet add little sweet tamarind or plum chutney before adding the water.
- golgappa recipe pakistani
- gol gappay
- pakistani gol gappay recipe
- pani puri pakistani recipe
- recipes gol gapy
- India gol gappay
- pani puri puri recipe
- pani puri water recipe pakistani
- recipe of golgappay pakistan
- recipt of pani puri clip