- 2 cups of Basmati Rice
- chicken 1/2kg
- 1/2 cup finely sliced onions
- 6 to 7 green chillies
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup packed pudina/mint
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt/curd
- 1 tablespoon juice of lime
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 Piece of inch cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- salt to taste
Mostly famous in vellore Region, Tamil Nadu and coastal towns of Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka. Of late, it has become a popular fast-food in hundreds of eateries in Chennai.
How To Make Ambur Chicken Biryani
Wash & soak the rice for half an hour.
Grind the green chillies with very little water & set aside.
In a heavy bottomed vessel or a pressure cooker, heat the oil & ghee and add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves. When they pop, add the onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
Add the ground chillies and saute until the raw smell goes and the water is absorbed.
To this add the ginger garlic paste and saute well for another minute.
Now add the marinated chicken and saute well until it gets dry and oil separates. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
Then add the chopped mint and cilantro and mix well.
Now add the tomatoes and mix well. Immediately add the rice,coconut milk,lime juice, 3 cups of water and salt. When it starts to boil, close the lid and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- ambur biryani recipe
- how to make Ambur Biryani
- chef damodharan ambur briyani receipe in tamil
- all kind of baryani pic in pak
- ambur biryani recpies
- tamilnadu ambur biryani recipe
- recipe of ambur biryani on youtube
- recipe of ambur biryani
- ambur biryani in tamil language download pdf