Gilafi Lamb Seekh Kebab – As obvious from the name, these kebabs are cooked with a “Gilaf” (cover). Lamb mince is mixed with spices and cheese, finished with a gilaf (cover) of onion and capsicum, then cooked in oven.
- 200 g – Mutton mince
- 10 g – deggi mirch
- 5g – chopped Ginger
- 5 g – chopped Green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 10 g – Punjabi masala / Garam Masala
- 5 g – Jeera powder
- 3 g – coarsely ground coriander
- 15 g – Butter
- For second masala:
- 50 g – grated Cottage cheese
- 5 g – Red Chilli whole
- 3 g – pepper Corn
- 5 g – coriander whole
- 3 g – Jeera whole
- 3 g – chopped coriander
Gilafi Sheek Kebab Recipe
- Mix together the mutton mince with half the chopped onions, ginger, green chillies, grated cheese, half the chopped coriander, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Shape them into kebabs and thread them on to a skewer.
- Press the rest of the chopped coriander, capsicum and tomato evenly onto the skewered kebabs.
- Ideally, the kebabs should be cooked in a tandoor, for about 8 to 10 mins. If using an oven, grill for around 15 to 20 mins at 275-300 Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven or tandoor. Sprinkle chaat masala on the kebabs and serve hot with onion and lime wedges.