Halvah (or halva), a sesame sweetmeat found throughout the Middle East, North Africa, and even into Asia, is perhaps one of the most nutritious whole foods sweets we can make. It is rich in protein, polyunsaturated fats, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Brown sugar 2 cup
- Sesame paste (Tahini) 2/3 cup
- Milk 2/3 cup
- For Flavoring:
- You can flavor the Sesame halva with anyone of the following flavorings
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Cocoa 1 tsp
- Pistachios (chopped) 1, 1/2 tbsp or according to preference
- Almonds (chopped) 1, 1/2 tbsp or according to preference
- Grease a small mold with butter.
- Cook sugar and milk in a sauce pan over medium heat to just under the soft-ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add Tahini and flavoring, but do not stir.
- Let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a spatula or spoon for a few seconds.
- Pour it into a greased mold and let it set